Monday, May 7, 2012

You become the average of the five people you spend the most time with.


I'm not 100% I agree with that statement, but it was the one thing of a two day leadership seminar that sticks out in my mind.  The seminar was okay, I wished I had known going in that it was going to be very basic management notions, I probably wouldn't have chosen it over other options but its nice to have open forum to express the way you lead. 




As for life prep, its going. 


This week I'm dog sitting for a friend and laying on the couch reading "How to Interview like an MBA" seemed like a great way to spend the evenings. 


These are the kinds of things that I'm trying to get in order for school:


  • Build confidence in my abilities as a networker, actually building my confidence outright 
  • Adjust my sleep schedule so 8:30 classes don't feel like torture
  • Establish some sort of exercise habits
  • Review my budgeting and really set goals for them
  • Spend as much time with the people I care about

I've been working on parts one, two and five but the other two aren't so attractive to me. 

When it comes to networking, my current goal is to leave any function thats even borderline appropriate for networking with one new contact. Even the seminar gave me one good new contact. I'm also working up an excel sheet and talking with friends about people they might know that could be people I need to know.

The sleep thing is not going so well, but its a work in progress. 

And I've been having a great time exploring the city with my lovely friends and eating dinners with my family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment