Sunday, May 13, 2012

Sundays are the loveliest of all days

So I owe you job thoughts and randoms, so sorry darling fictitious internet readers. 

Where does a girl start. 

Lets go with job thoughts.

So on Wednesday this week I had my first official "sit down" with my Career Center Coach. Her name's Jennifer and she's wonderful. Yes, I know I say everyone at Iowa is wonderful, but that's mostly because they really are great. 

The goal of Wednesdays meeting was to outline what I am expecting and what they're expecting from me. Its already been a lot of work, and I know its only getting started. Things I need to start thinking about:
  1. Where do I want to live when all is said and done? 
  2. What type of companies appeal the most to me and why?
  3. How committed to living abroad am I? And what am I willing to give up to accomplish that.
  4. What functions of my current job can I use to get me to where I want to be?

So this list could go on and on, but you get the idea. Its difficult to spend time focusing on these questions, when I have real work/life/moving questions taking up so much of my time. 

I've been looking up full time positions that interest me, and trying to reverse engineer to myself. 


Is one program that really interests me, and has motivated me to work on my languages again. 

Stay tuned shortly I'll give you some insight into this beautiful mind with random life ramblings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment