Friday, May 4, 2012

Carnegie Mellon vs. Iowa aka the battle of the titans 


So, lets review.

Iowa is a great program, thats giving me a very good deal, with students that I've already formed bonds with and staff I can see assisting me in whatever I might need in the next two years.

Carnegie Mellon is a little less known to me, they've had their admitted students weekend and I feel kind of blind about their personality. That being said, their brand could open doors that I'll have to kick down if I go to Iowa, and they are known for being the tops of the academic world. Plus, they have a hockey team!

Drum Roll..........

Uh, duh, I'm sticking with Iowa.


Its funny because if you would have told me a month ago that I was going to pick Iowa over Vanderbilt or Carnegie Mellon, I would probably have bet against you. It was a very big decisions, and I really feel confident in my choice. There's nothing I can say to accurately describe how much fit and feel impacted my decision. Also, having significantly less student loan debt is something that will allow me to take whatever path feels right when I graduate.

Also, just so you know fictious internet reader, I have stayed up to date on my reading and job search thinking, but those blogs are for a later day and time.

Hope your day is full of sunshine.


2 comments:

  1. Congrats on making a choice. Fit is huge and you found your people. You seem like a very motivated person who has a lot of kick in her when needed. You'll get where you want to go. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Good luck to you at Booth in the fall thats going to be an amazing program! Let me know if you have any questions about Chicago, I'm from the area.

    ReplyDelete